Sunday 6 December 2009

Ugglies

You probably know them, those furry, fluffy, hideous slippers called UGGS. From here on, I shall refer to these monstrosities as Ugglies. These days you see them everywhere, worn by that certain type of girl that is supposed to be hip, trendy and dressed the same as every other girl who tries to fit in. If you see them on a guy, respect to the guy for daring to venture into public with them, but from now on he will be known as a non-man.

These Ugglies must have been the creation of a blind alien with no sense of fashion who didn't even come up with a new idea. What could have been the reason to create these Ugglies, what could he have thought?

"Oh, these big fluffy slippers I wear are so comfortable, I don't ever want to take them off! You know what, I wont. And to prevent myself from looking stupid, I'm just going to pretend that these are the latest fashion objects and get everybody to join me in wearing these warm, comfortable, soft, Eskimo-inspired slippers. We'll all look stupid together, but everybody else will just think it's cool. Yeah~"

Stealing the ideas of Eskimos and combining them with slippers must be a million-dollar-business. Yes, let's manufacture these slippers with REAL wool, AUTHENTIC stuff and let's make them SUPER expensive too! If we sell them for lots of money, more than it costs to make them, we'll be rich I tell you, RICH! As rich as the guy who invented the internet!

So a friend of mine bought a pair of fake Ugglies. She said that she thought they were ugly, but that she just caved for the softness and comfort, and for the fact that they looked okay with an Asian-styled outfit she had. At first I laughed at her and joked that I didn't want to be seen with her any more. But I must admit, it didn't look bad. She has the looks and the skinny legs to wear them without looking like a total fool. I guess the reason I don't like them is not solely the ugliness, but also the image of the people that usually wear them. I wouldn't want to be caught dead in a pair of Ugglies, before somebody gets the wrong idea and thinks I'm the kind of girl that I have described earlier. At least my friend bought the cheap fake version for 20 euros and not the real and overpriced Ugglies.

The soft inside, keeping your feet warm in cold weather... And they do sometimes look okay on some people... And the fake versions are only 20 bucks... And I do need new shoes for the winter... And if I got them I'd make a statement that the shoes are also wearable for other people and that not everybody who wears them is without content...

...Screw it. I'm getting mine tomorrow.



Don't defriend me just because my shoes are ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment